Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

I adore butternut squash. I adore all sorts of squash. But why on earth had I not tried roasted butternut squash?? I gave roasted butternut squash soup from Vegan with a Vengeance a try and words cannot express the amazingness that was this soup. I roasted the squash the night before and kept it in the fridge. I didn't roast the squash with oil as recommended, but merely just placed it cut side down on a cookie sheet and let the squash work its magic. The next evening I followed the rest of the recipe, with the exception of replacing the chiles with crushed red pepper flakes, as that was what I had in stock. Served with some homemade bread and there you have it, a yummy comforting meal.


4 comments:

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

this looks so delicious and creamy!

Anonymous said...

This looks so good and yes, roasted pumpkin is amazing!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

I never noticed that the squash soup recipe was *roasted*! okay, I gotta try this...

Linda said...

Great tip about roasting the squash for the soup, Carrie. And I love your descriptions--"amazingness"--LOL!