Trying out Happy Herbivore's New Cookbook

Lindsay over at Happy Herbivore recently released a new e-cookbook, Pudge-Free Holidays which has tons of yummy recipes that have no added fat and are quiet healthy. This weekend I had a chance to finally make a few things. First up, the sweet potato muffins. I found a bag of cubed, cooked sweet potato in my freezer I had forgotten about, and so I decided it was a perfect time to try out this muffin recipe. It's pretty good. I've never had a sweet potato muffin before so I have nothing to compare it to, but it tastes a lot like pumpkin muffins to me. I think I would add some raisins next time, but I always add raisins to muffins.


Yes, I did get around to building a lightbox like I previously posted about, hence the background in the muffin picture. However, the box I used it too small for my dinner plates and I still need to get a daylight lightbulb, the one I have is really yellow and my camera sucks and does not have a way to adjust the white balance. *sigh* One more reason to hate winter...it interferes with food blogging.

Anyhoo, I also tried out the pumpkin loaf with maple icing. I probably should have baked it a bit longer, I thought it was done but the middle is still a bit gummy. I like gummy bread though, so it's no big deal. Check it out smothered with the icing...mmmmm:




4 comments:

Shelby said...

:0) well these are right up my alley! I'm looking into a Lowell Ego Light. I agree, the loss of day light makes taking photos not so fun!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

looks like the light box worked pretty well! You had a really productive weekend! I cooked several things also because we finally had a sunny day Sunday.

Anonymous said...

That cookbook sounds awesome! I've started to use a lightbox too, but I didn't even know there were daylight bulbs.

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

WOAH! your pumpkin loaf looks amazing!! You're so talented! I'm glad you gave sweet potato muffins a try -- they are similar to pumpkin, but oddly lower in calories. crazy right? I guess pumpkins have more cals than sweet potatoes. PS raisins sounds like a nice addition!! Yum yum yum. I sometimes add in crushed walnuts.

I clearly need to make a light box - you're photos are great!! I never have day light so my photos are crappy :(