Oreo Cake!

First of all, I apologize for not updating in awhile. Truth is I haven't been cooking much. I've been so busy that dinner is usually leftovers pulled out of the freezer. Which doesn't make for an interesting blog post. But here is something that is always interesting: birthday cake.

It was the bf's birthday a few days ago and I waned to make him a cake. He simply adores the cookies and cream cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes take over the World, so I knew I wanted to transform that into a cake. What resulted was a ridiculously delicious, and deadly rich, Oreo cake. I doubled the cupcake recipe to make two 9" layers. I made a double batch of the vanilla buttercream frosting. I poured a chocolate ganache over the frosting and topped it all off with crumbled Oreos. In retrospect, it was probably almost TOO much, it was hard to eat more than a little piece. And I love sweets. All in all it was a success, the bf loved his cake and everyone kept telling me how great it looked.

10 comments:

Shelby said...

It does look great!

jd said...

Wow - your bf is one lucky guy!

That cake looks fantastic :)

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

This looks so fancy, which is really nice when you're making something for someone's birthday. How thoughtful and delicious-looking!

¡Yo Soy Liz! said...

that recipe from VCTOTW is sooo dead on and delish, but you have taken it to a whole other level!!!

Linda said...

Carrie, you are a GOOD girlfriend!

Yummy-looking and beautiful cake!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

raahh that cake looks great! I so wish oreos were vegan here. boo.

Veggie Cookster said...

OMG! That looks sooooooooo sinful and delicious! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

That cake blows my mind, so decadent and good looking. Yum.

What a Dish! said...

What a beautiful cake!! I'm very impressed!

Anonymous said...

very impressive cake! that looks amazing!