Spaghetti & Garlic Toast

Tonight for dinner the bf made spaghetti and sauce. He loves making sauces and tinkering with them for hours. I don't know how he does it. I definitely do NOT have the makings of a saucier. I simply don't have the patience for it. But he seems to enjoy it and it always tastes damn good.

I'd love nothing more than to post a detailed recipe for you, but quite frankly he doesn't really follow a recipe when making the sauce. But here's what he does: (1) fry some onions and mushrooms in a bit of oil, (2) add 1 cup of veggie ground round, (3) add tomato sauce, (4) tinker around with garlic, spices, and herbs until he's finally happy with it. Not much of a recipe is it?

Anyhoo, I sprinkled mine with some nutritional yeast and we made garlic bread out of Sunday's ciabatta bread with olive oil, crushed garlic, and parsley. Yum.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Looks delish...I could eat some right now!

Anonymous said...

fun blog. I just found you from the comment you left on mind. I'll come by and visit...looks like good cookin' over here.

What a Dish! said...

Both the spaghetti and garlic breaad are lookin' good! It's making me hungry for both at 9am- lol!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

The spaghetti looks amazing! Great photo...great dish!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

mmm... spaghetti and garlic ciabatta is so dinner perfection!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, what a tasty meal!