East Indian Yummyness & New Cookbooks

Last night for dinner I wanted to use up some cauliflower in the fridge so I made aloo gobi from Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian. It's the first recipe I've used from that book and man is it good...the spices are perfect! I wouldn't change a thing.

To go with itI made chana masala. That recipe was okay...a wee bit too much lemon juice for my liking. I am incredibly picky with chana masala dishes...I have yet to find a recipe that i loved enough to make twice. I served these dishes along with baked samosas that I bought from a guy at the local farmer's market months and months ago (frozen of course) and basmati rice.

As a total aside, yesterday my new cookbooks arrived! I was given an Amazon gift certificate for participating in an online survey so what better way to spend it then with new cookbooks? Yes, I JUST bought Veganomicon...and I don't know why I waited so long, I have a huuuge list of recipes I want to try from that book alone. I haven't had a chance to look at the other ones yet.



2 comments:

Alyson's Wonderland said...

YAY new cookbooks!

Anonymous said...

Madhur Jaffrey is one of my favorite authors, Carrie. I use her vegetarian recipes in her From Curries to Kebabs book also, fab. - Edlear