Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last night I spent a quiet evening in with the bf. We wanted chocolate but the store was closed and so I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies from Vegan with a Vengeance. I was out of vanilla so I had to omit that, but I think they would have been even more delicious with it. I also halved the recipe as I didn't have very much sugar in the house.


They were really good right out of the oven. I liked the addition of molasses to the dough. They also had a nice "buttery" taste. Once they cooled they were a bit harder than I like my cookies but still good. It took me years and years to find my "go to" non-vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe, so now I am in search of the vegan holy grail of chocolate chip cookies. While these were good I don't think they quite reach that status.



2 comments:

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

THOSE COOKIES LOOK AWESOME!

jd said...

Your cookies look great! And I totally agree that it's hard to find the perfect cookie...

I've actually had some success with the vegan chocolate chip mint ones from "The Joy of Vegan Baking." I'm sure you could omit the mint flavoring from the recipe if you wanted plain chocolate chip cookies, but the mint ones are awesome if you're so inclined!

I actually posted a pic of them on my blog a while ago (it's under desserts), if you're interested. Check it out of you want, but make sure to let me know if you try them & like them!

I'll have to give the "Vegan with a Vengeance" version a try, too!