This afternoon I whipped up some ciabatta bread. I made the dough in my bread machine and then shaped the loaves and baked them in the oven. My bread machine is a hand-me-down that's seen better days and although I love it's dough making capabilities, I don't always trust it when it comes to baking.
This was one of those recipes that's "accidentally" vegan so no substitutions necessary. I made 2 loaves...one is out on my sideboard and I stuck the other one in the freezer. I would hardly call this ciabatta bread. It's very dense and lacks the characteristic holes. Even though it's a ciabatta imposter it was still tasty.
This was one of those recipes that's "accidentally" vegan so no substitutions necessary. I made 2 loaves...one is out on my sideboard and I stuck the other one in the freezer. I would hardly call this ciabatta bread. It's very dense and lacks the characteristic holes. Even though it's a ciabatta imposter it was still tasty.

2 comments:
Looks yummy!
That bread is beautiful!
Post a Comment