Tonight for dinner I made butternut squash gnocchi with Happy Herbivore's butternut squash "cream" sauce. The gnocchi were pretty good...perhaps a wee bit bland but I always find gnocchi bland. I always find that gnocchi is all about the sauce you put on top of it. That being said, the "cream" sauce was pretty good. I think next time I would fiddle with the spices. It pretty much tasted like a thick butternut squash soup. Which I don't see anything wrong with, I could drink butternut squash soup by the gallon.



3 comments:
i thought the gnocchi was bland too - but I agree thats just sorta how gnocchi is. I had the same reaction to my sauce which is why I noted I needed to work on it. I'm still fiddling around trying to figure out how to add spices that wont ruin the delicate taste of the squash... suggestions welcomed and you meal looks fabulous!
That gnocchi looks so good Lobs!
Looks so yummy. I'm a butternut nut!
Post a Comment