I recently finished eating Mexican food for dinner four nights in a row (that's more of a brag than a complaint). It all started with this recipe for spinach, black bean, and rice enchiladas. I saw that Happy Herbivore had made them and I noticed I had everything on hand to make them. I didn't use the sauce recipe, instead I used store bought. I also didn't follow the rice recipe, as I wanted to use up the ingredients I had at home. So basically I guess you could say I was inspired by the recipe, but didn't really use most of it.
These turned out pretty good. Definitely healthy tasting. I'm used to heavy, "cheezy" enchiladas. I think next time I would play around with the recipe, and perhaps whip up a low fat cheeze sauce to go with them.
I had quite a few of these leftover, so I ended up eating leftover enchiladas the next day. On day #3 I still had quite a bit of Mexican rice leftover so I made an enchilada casserole with refried beans, some of the rice, and a cheezy sauce.
On Day #4 I still had some leftover rice, but now I also had leftover cheezy sauce and refried beans. This called for a tostada. I piled the toppings on way too high, but oh well, I had to use them up.

These turned out pretty good. Definitely healthy tasting. I'm used to heavy, "cheezy" enchiladas. I think next time I would play around with the recipe, and perhaps whip up a low fat cheeze sauce to go with them.
I had quite a few of these leftover, so I ended up eating leftover enchiladas the next day. On day #3 I still had quite a bit of Mexican rice leftover so I made an enchilada casserole with refried beans, some of the rice, and a cheezy sauce.
On Day #4 I still had some leftover rice, but now I also had leftover cheezy sauce and refried beans. This called for a tostada. I piled the toppings on way too high, but oh well, I had to use them up.

7 comments:
I'd happily eat dinner with you every night! Especially if it is Mexican food!
Mexican food is the best, isn't it?
I love how you rolled your leftovers into something different each day. Very cool!
Your top pix has to be one of your best yet; boy does that looks so good!
Oh man, Mexican food is one of my favorites! I usually don't bother to make cheezy sauce, but use guac or tofu sour cream, but I've got to get around to trying the cheezy sauce more often.
Four days in a row? That sounds like a fantastic week!
I could easily eat Mexican food for many, many days in a row, especially when it's as healthy as all this!
CTate's Vegan Explosion Queso is great for enchiladas, in my experience.
These look fantastic.
When I was little, I used to love Mexican food so much, I wanted it all the time. My stepmother used to tell me, "If you keep eating all that, you're going to turn into a Mexican." I guess that was supposed to be some early training in xenophobia, but I always thought it was a lovely, lovely dream.
Post a Comment