I was on a Get it Ripe kick for awhile. I'm pretty much over that now as once again I am deep in the madness that is the end of the semester while still collecting data for my dissertation. Anyway, I wanted to share the last few things that I made.
Here is the alfredo. I must say that I was not a fan. I had to doctor this up quite a bit. I thickened it with cornstarch as it was way too runny. It also was very tasteless, so I remedied that with nutritional yeast, loads of black pepper, and some different herbs. All in all I wouldn't make this version again, as there are already lots of great vegan alfredo recipes out there. I served this on spaghetti noodles made of quinoa.
Next to the alfredo are brussel sprouts baked with dijon mustard which I loved! They were super easy to make, too. I might play around with the recipe a bit in the future.Dijon Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts, ends trimmed (I slice the overly big ones in half)
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Lightly spray brussel sprouts. Toss brussel sprouts with dijon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake 10 min. Toss brussel sprouts. Bake anothe 10 minues, or until brussel sprouts reach desired tenderness.
Another thing I made from Get it Ripe was the lentil dahl. I really enjoyed the seasonings in this dish and I think I may combine it with my usual dahl recipe, as I prefer the texture of that one. I think the two combined would be great and I'll have to play around with that in the future. I served it on a bed of baby spianch like Jae Steele (the author) suggested. I was skeptical at first, but it was actually really good! I omitted the oil to make this Eat to Live compliant.

Another thing I made from Get it Ripe was the lentil dahl. I really enjoyed the seasonings in this dish and I think I may combine it with my usual dahl recipe, as I prefer the texture of that one. I think the two combined would be great and I'll have to play around with that in the future. I served it on a bed of baby spianch like Jae Steele (the author) suggested. I was skeptical at first, but it was actually really good! I omitted the oil to make this Eat to Live compliant.


7 comments:
This is a cookbook I don't have yet! Looks like it includes some great ideas.
I really enjoy brussel sprouts. Never thought about putting them with mustard though. I'll think on that one for a bit :o]
Hmm, I don't know about the sprouts. ;o) But I sure know I would love the Dal!!
Brussels sprouts!! I love me that veggie.
How would you tweak the brussel sprouts, Carrie?
I made myself steamed Brussels sprouts with a mustard sauce last night and they were so good!
I like GIR and have made a few recipes - I remember I really like the blackeyed peas. I did notice the lentil recipe. That will probably be the next thing I make from that book.
Ha, I need to buy another cookbook. This one.
Post a Comment