Yes more faux fish. This time it was faux fish cakes. I changed the recipe a wee bit to accommodate what I did, and did not, have on hand. I didn't have any celery, and I added about 2 tsp. kelp flakes. Served with some homemade vegan tartar sauce and lemon. Yum. I'm not sure why I've been on such a faux fish kick lately...I didn't even like fish all that much in my pre-veg days. *shrug*

We had picked up some beautiful young carrots at the farmer's market, so I made a dill butter sauce to go with them.
Dill Butter Sauce:-2 tbsp. vegan margarine
-1 1/2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
-1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
-salt and pepper to taste
Place carrots in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, and drain. Gently toss with margarine, dill, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.

5 comments:
Your "fish" cakes and carrots both look delicious to me! Did you coat the cakes with something? They look so crispy and yummy!
Those look really good. I'll have to give the recipe a try. I recently tried making "crab" cakes, but they were just too fragile & messy.
omg ---- AWESOME. especially with the dill carrots, I want to eat this right now!
I've been craving "fish" cakes or sticks of some sort lately too. I might give this recipe a try. Dill carrots too!
Farmers market carrots with fresh dill is one of my favorite things! So good.
Post a Comment