delicious east indian...

My apologies. The following food is not very photogenic. Usually I wouldn't post these. But I already feel guilty enough about my infrequent updates so I decided to go ahead and share these for one very good reason: the food was delicious.

First up, spinach chickpea curry from Vegan with a Vengeance. I used frozen spinach for this dish, as that was what I had on hand. The spice combo was a bit bland for my tastes, so I jazzed it up by adding a pinch of this and a dash of that until it seemed right. Yum. I was eating this for 3 days afterward, but no complaints here.

To go with this delicious curry I made bharta from Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian. This was pretty good, although labour-intensive. I'm not sure if I would make it again for that reason. I had this served warm, but Madhur Jaffrey says you can eat it room temperature or chilled. I think it would be great as a chilled spread in a pita or something like that.

I didn't serve these with rice. I just ate them "as is." So there you have it, an Indian feast that's Eat to Live compatible.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lobs, your food is very photogenic. I especially like the spinach dish. Looks so good!

Anonymous said...

And I've only met one eggplant I didn't like, (a really bad moussaka), so thanks, Lobs. Kathye

Lisa said...

Another VWAV dish I haven't made yet! That looks awesome.

Cookin'mama said...

I wish I was as photogenic as those dishes! :-) I can almost smell them they look so good.

Erin said...

You may not think these dishes look nice, but they look mighty nice to me!

aTxVegn said...

I always think Indian food is not very pretty, but it tastes so good it just doesn't matter. I think your dishes look wonderful.