Nachos...Healthy Version

On Saturday the bf and I were grocery shopping and I stopped in the ethnic aisle to pick up some salsa. He looked at me and asked if we could have Mexican food for dinner the next night. Specifically, nachos. When I first met him, he was convinced he hated Mexican cuisine. So how could I say no? Frantically I tried to think of how to make my nachos Eat to Live friendly (he likes his loaded with cheese and sour cream, but whatever). I frantically searched for baked tortilla chips and luckily found some blue corn ones that were baked instead of fried. Now I know these aren't allowed on the six week strict plan, but I hadn't had my grain that day and I made sure I only had one serving of the chips (counted them out and everything!). So I feel pretty good about my choice.

For toppings I had some pinto beans, onion, tomato, lots of salsa and hot sauce and a fat free cheeze sauce. Mmmm...who knew that healthy nachos could be so delicious??

What do you do with leftover beans? You put them on top of a plate of lettuce and top with salsa for the world's fastest (and laziest) taco salad on a night when you are too busy to cook:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lobs, great innovative way to use beans. I will do this.

Lisa said...

this looks so gooey and delicious!

Shelby said...

Looks great Lobs! I wish Grumpy would get over his Mexican food aversion!

Anonymous said...

How can anybody hate Nexican cuisine? Your nachos look amazing.

Linda said...

Lobs, you almost had me fooled with the Cheeze sauce! :O

Your photography is stellar!

Erin said...

Hey, everyone deserves nachos every once in a while. Yours look super healthy! I also love toss-everything-in-a-bowl taco salads.