I haven't been posting much. And there's a reason for that....other than sloth. My "diet" (for lack of a better word) has been going great! I've been following Eat to Live and I feel fantastic! In a nutshell, the plan basically involves eating tons of vegetables (cooked and raw) along with fruit and beans/legumes. Grains, starchy veggies, and tofu are consumed in moderation. No added fat or salt. The salt thing is hard for me and I'm not always 100% compliant on that. Oh well. So basically my day looks like this:
A green smoothie for breakfast. Which looks disgusting but tastes amazing! I'm sad that it took me so long to try a green smoothie...I feel so full of energy after I drink one. My favourite combo so far is spinach with banana and mixed berries that I buy frozen.
Lunch and supper both start off with a giant salad:
I make sure I eat beans/legumes with each meal so that I stay full. Such as the black bean vegetable soup from Veganomicon (without the oil):
Or curried lentil soup from Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian...which coincidentally broke my cheap, old immersion blender. But the blender was on its last legs anyway. I don't blame the soup.
Yes, both of those soups are photographed in my very own vegan bowl I got for Christmas from my Mom. It's awesome...I swear it makes soup taste better.Anyhoo, I've been eating other things as well, but none of it photographs particularly well. I've also been very busy (as I will be until April). I've started collecting data for my dissertation and that takes up most of my time. So I imagine these next few months will be more boring than usual at this blog, but oh well.
If you would like more information on the Eat to Live program, I would suggest you check out this page from fatfreevegan which also has a collection of recipes.

9 comments:
Lobs, you try the coolest foods. Love the green vegan bowl!
You are an inspiration. I wish I was 1/4 as health-minded as you.
I am proud of you!
Jam
I'm doing Gillian McKeith's detox which sounds like basically the same thing as Eat to Live. I'm always thinking I need to try a green shake but they really scare me. I'm not a huge spinach or kale fan to begin with and thought of mixing greens with fruit makes me kinda nauseous. Can you taste the spinach? How much do you put in?
it all looks good to me!
Congrats on your diet change! Keep up the good work.
I admire you, Lobs--your smoothie actually sounds wonderful. I love the new vegan bowl--way to go Mom!!
Glad the diet is going well! (As well as the dissertation.)
I love EAt to Live - it changed my life! Glad you're having great results as well.
I am glad your diet is going well! LOVE the vegan bowl!
Post a Comment