Yes yes, I've been a neglectful blogger. Anyhoo, I haven't cooked much of late, but here are some recipes that fit the Eat to Live program. First up, Vegan Dad's cauliflower soup (thanks to Happy Herbivore for pointing out this recipe). I made it as the recipe states without the oil and salt and it was quite bland. I was pondering what magic ingredient to add when the bf suggested making a curry soup. Brilliant! Some curry powder, cumin, coriander, and red pepper flakes were added and the result was a spicy curry cauliflower soup with no salt or oil. Everyone is happy.
Next up, the chickpeas romesco from Veganomicon. I made this once again without the oil, and I also omitted the almonds. It was really good, I enjoyed the tanginess of the sauce....a lot. Since following Eat to Live I've been eating a lot of chickpeas. And I mean a lot. I love how versatile they are.
My camera really hates taking pictures of red things in artificial light. Oh well. As an aside, the Eat to Live program has been going great, it's been just about two weeks. I feel great!
Next up, the chickpeas romesco from Veganomicon. I made this once again without the oil, and I also omitted the almonds. It was really good, I enjoyed the tanginess of the sauce....a lot. Since following Eat to Live I've been eating a lot of chickpeas. And I mean a lot. I love how versatile they are.
My camera really hates taking pictures of red things in artificial light. Oh well. As an aside, the Eat to Live program has been going great, it's been just about two weeks. I feel great!

6 comments:
Those both look so good!
I LOVE chickpeas! I would absolutely love a sample of your great looking soups.
They both look and sound good! I am thinking about soup this week too. So far, think is as far as I have gotten. ;)
I'm glad to hear the program is going well! I agree on the chickpeas, what a great ingredient.
Hi there! I totally admire people who could live a healthy lifestyle and ingest healthy but scrumptious meals. I read your blog although you don’t know me coz I really find it interesting. BTW, I changed my blog address to http://www.justsweeterthansugar.blogspot.com./ Feel free to visit it anytime ;) Thank you and keep posting ;)
Lobs I used to make a cauliflower soup from the Fit for Life cookbook that was cooked cauliflower, water and seasoning, all blended in a blender & heated. It was delish! Your post reminded me I need to make it again.
Post a Comment