So the secret is pretty much out that I adore nacho toppings on anything and everything. Put some beans and salsa and cheez sauce on it and I'll eat it. I really really wanted something Mexican but I also had a spaghetti squash to use up. That's when I remembered Happy Herbivore's fiesta spaghetti squash.
I didn't follow her recipe (or any recipe) but the idea is the same. I roasted the squash in the oven. I then topped it with some black beans, bell pepper, and corn. I dumped a bunch of salsa on top of that and finished it off with a fat free cheez sauce...sooo delicious. The only down side was that it was new salsa I wasn't used to, and while I normally enjoy Hot salsa, when this one says 'hot' it means hot. I was sweating profusely and the bf was worried about me so he brought me lots of soymilk.
I didn't follow her recipe (or any recipe) but the idea is the same. I roasted the squash in the oven. I then topped it with some black beans, bell pepper, and corn. I dumped a bunch of salsa on top of that and finished it off with a fat free cheez sauce...sooo delicious. The only down side was that it was new salsa I wasn't used to, and while I normally enjoy Hot salsa, when this one says 'hot' it means hot. I was sweating profusely and the bf was worried about me so he brought me lots of soymilk.
Nacho Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash, roasted (or cooked in microwave)
- 1 1/2 c. black beans
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 c. frozen corn kernels
- a batch of your favourite nutritional yeast cheezy sauce
- salsa
2. Make your cheezy sauce.
2. Spread spaghetti squash out on plate. Top with bean/pepper mixture. Top with cheezy sauce and salsa.

4 comments:
I hate when you get stuck with a big jar of salsa that should really be called hot sauce because you can only use a little bit of it. This happened to me last night. My mouth was burning!
Lobs, this looks very good.
I actually ate a piece of lettce and two slices of tomato today.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring.LOL
You are such an inspiration, truly. Just when I think there is no interesting way to serve up veggies, you always come through. I am learning something new every time I come here. Just you wait. One of these days I'm going to surprise you!
ooooooooooooooooh yum! i need to add cheez to my squash!
hi there! just wondering if you would not mind shooting me an email so i can ask you a question. thanks janny.chou@hotmail.com
Post a Comment