Tonight for dinner I made tofu fish sticks. The bf just had his wisdom teeth out yesterday so I thought I was going to go ahead and make them as written with almonds, but then he shocked me by saying "can I have some tofu fish sticks too?" Number one, I don't think he's ever actually ASKED for tofu. Number two, it sounded so sad sounding that I couldn't say no. So I just replaced the almonds with more cornmeal. They are a tad bit plain on their own, but with some lemon juice sprinkled on along with some vegan tartar sauce, they were pretty good. The bf just had them plain (and chopped into very, very small pieces) and didn't really care for them.

I served them with Crispy Potato Wedges with Mustard. The original recipe is from the New York Times.

Crispy Potato Wedges with Mustard (From NY Times)
4 large Idaho potatoes
1/2 c. dijon mustard
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake them until almost cooked. Leave oven on.
2. In bowl, stir together mustard, olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes lengthwise into 4 wedges each. Toss wedges in mustard mixture until thoroughly coated.
3. Raise oven temperature to 500 F. Lay potato wedges on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Turn to other side and roast another 10 minutes.

7 comments:
Those potatoes sound like something that would go over well in my home! Hope the BF is feeling better!
He ASKED for you to make him the fish sticks and then had the gall to say he didn't like them????!!!! Ugh! I'd never cook another thing for his whiny *ss!
I think he would have liked them with lemon..but that was too acidic considering he has a giant hole in his mouth from where his teeth were. He did thank me for making them though.
Oh Wow. He thanked you? I guess that makes it all okay then.
But, hey, none of my anonymous business, right?
Just been there done that....
Sorry the 'fu fish sticks didn't work out :(
The potatoes look really tasty!
Lobs, was your BF able to eat the potatoes? They look awesome.
He did, he just cut them up into tiny pieces. They were really, really good!
Post a Comment