Tonight I made Vegan Dad's chickenless wings. They were pretty tasty - even the chicken wing connoisseur boyfriend could appreciate them. I didn't have panko bread crumbs so I just used regular bread crumbs and I thought they were awesome. The recipe calls for dipping them in the breading twice and I really think the thickness of the breading layer perfect.

Next time I think I would make a few changes just to suit our tastes. I would axe the sticks and just make them into nuggets. The sticks are fun and a cute presentation idea though. I would also make them smaller and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Lastly I think I would make them more of a wet wing style by tossing them in a sauce right after cooking. Or so the wing connoisseur says. But all in all we really enjoyed them and look forward to tweaking the recipe.

5 comments:
Lobs, these look really yummy! Thanks for pointing to the link for Vegan Dad.
these are looking mighty good!
I'd nix the sticks too, perfect finger food!
Lobs, did you make your own "chicken broth powder"? They look delish!
my DAWG!!! That looks SO good ... I was a teeny bit anxious to try out that recipe because I'm afraid that the wings will turn out soggy i.e. no crunchy breading :0( - but boy, yours looks so good and crispy ... yum!
Post a Comment