Curried Udon Noodle Stir-Fry

If you own Veganomicon, RUN, don't walk, to make curried udon noodle stir-fry. Best stir-fry ever. Hands down. Both me and the bf couldn't stop raving about it as we were eating. That's what our dinner conversation sounded like: "Isn't this amazing??" "Oh wow, this is so good!" "I can't get over this!" etc.

Excuse the cruddy photo...it's raining and cloudy outside and I had to use the stove's overhead light.

I did make a few changes. I used tofu instead of seitan. I fried the tofu in a bit of oil first, then drained it on paper towel. I didn't have veggie broth on hand, so I just used water in the curry sauce and it seemed to work out just fine. I also added a sprinkling of sesame seeds. Because everything tastes better with a sprinkling of sesame seeds. I think next time I would add 1/4 tsp. of red pepper flakes. Just something to give it a bit of a kick. But we're spice lovers.

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Sounds delicious!

Erin said...

This seems like one of those dishes that doesn't look like much but packs a punch. Adding red pepper flakes and sesame seeds sounds really good too!

Linda said...

I love the look of udon noodles, but you will cry to hear that I've never tried them--your photo makes me want to!

Little Miss Sunshine said...

YUM YUM YUM!!! Slurp!! Oh, how it wish I can teleport myself to your home .... and help myself with a GIGANTOID serving of that yummy noodle stir fry!!