I'm on a tight budget right now. Which means I can't just go and buy vegan cookbooks whenever my heart desires. There were a few I had my eyes on but I wasn't quite sure which ones were worth buying. Enter the local library. I have a stack checked out right now...some are okay...some are definitely not okay...and some are stellar, like Joy of Vegan Baking. This weekend I tried out a few different recipes, such as the chocolate chip scones:
And the soft pretzels (oh how I adore soft pretzels...I think I had about 6 in the span of 2 days):
Not pictures are the raisin bran muffins. They're really tasty, just not all that pretty and photogenic. So the verdict? I will be sad when I have to give the book back, and it is most definitely going on my "worth buying" list.
Trying the Joy of Vegan Baking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Looks great Lobs!
ooh, those scones look SO inviting and good (I think I'm on a serious chocolate chip kick) and then I scroll down and see pretzels! my hat's off to you and that book! :D
Good-looking stuff Lobs!
Post a Comment