wedding stuff and the start of a 30 day detox

Well I'm back from the honeymoon. We were up at a cabin at a nearby lake and it was sooo peaceful and relaxing. The weather was sunny and hot so most days we just hung out on the beach. We did do a bit of hiking on the last day.

The official wedding photos won't be ours for some time, but our photographer released a few "teasers" if you will. Here are some of them:


As much fun as the day was, I'm glad the wedding planning madness is over! I think that's one of the most stressful things I've ever gone through. One way I deal with stress is to eat. And I'm talking sugar and chocolate and delicious carbs. My veggie intake was abysmally low. I also tend to get lethargic and as such I stopped going to the gym. So here I am, feeling unhealthy and like I need to get my food back on track and get healthy again. Also, my pants are a little tight from all of that indulging and if they could fit again that would be great as well.

And so I am embarking on one of these "30 Day Detox" things as other vegan foodies have blogged about. Erin over at Vegan Homemade has one going on right now. Anyway, here are my rules for the next 30 days, which are loosely based on Eat to Live:

-no alcohol
-no refined sugar
-no artificial sweeteners
-no wheat (I'm going to try to avoid gluten as much as possible, but I'm not going to be militant about being gluten-free)
-drink at least 1 gallon (4 L) of water every day
-eat a giant salad for lunch every day
-eat tons of veggies (cooked as well as raw)
-work out at least 5x/week

Day 1
Breakfast on the first day was blueberries and a sliced banana in soy milk, I also ate a peach. For lunch I had a giant salad with mixed baby greens, romaine, sprouts, carrot, radish, cucumber, onion, and chickpeas with a mustard vinaigrette dressing.

For dessert I had 4 of these really tiny plums. The grocery store had them labelled as "yummy plums"

For a snack I had more blueberries and a clementine. That night for dinner I made the chickpea broccoli casserole from Vegan with a Vengeance. I added a ton of fresh herbs to this. Along with the casserole I had steamed broccoli and roasted asparagus. Excuse the crummy photo. It has been pouring rain for the past few days which means I have to use my oven overhead light for photos...not the best light source.


For dessert I had pineapple.

Day 2

For breakfast I had a sliced banana and blueberries in soy milk, as well as a peach.

My lunch was another salad with romaine, baby greens, sprouts, radish, and cucumber. I crumbled leftover casserole on top. I also experimented with a bbq sauce-type dressing. It didn't work out that well. It was edible, but it certainly needs some work. For dessert I had an apple.
For a snack I had a banana and more blueberries. For supper, I had (more) leftover casserole, along with steamed broccoli and sauteed kale. Once again I'd like to apologize for the horrid oven light photograph.

For dessert I had a peach and more blueberries. Later that evening for a snack I had plain air-popped popcorn.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great !
I hope to read more about your "diet".
It give me a lot of inspiration.
Thank you.

¡Yo Soy Liz! said...

your detox food looks yummy.

did you have a vegan wedding?!

Claudia said...

wow, great pictures! My favorite is the one in front of the bridge.
By the way, you have a great blog!

Linda said...

You & your hubby look like models, Carrie! Beautiful photos.

Shelby said...

The photos are absolutely gorgeous Carrie! I like your diet!

LadyJayPee said...

I'm so happy to get to have a peek at some of your wedding photos. Thank you! I'm very interested in your detox and will be following it closely!

Erin said...

Your wedding picture teasers are gorgeous!

Your cleanse does sound a lot like mine, so it will be fun to see what you come up with. That casserole looks really good, I want some now!