30 Day Detox: days 7-9

Day 7

Before I went to the gym I had a banana. When I got back I had a smoothie with protein powder, frozen peach, strawberries and blueberries, flax, oats, and soy milk. This was delicious.

For lunch I had some leftover sauteed green beans and mushrooms, as well as a salad with greens, radish, cucumber, zucchini, and tofu with green tahini dressing. For dessert I had cantaloupe. Later on I had an apple for a snack.

For dinner that night I made a lasagna using zucchini instead of noodles. This also had eggplant and tofu ricotta and mushroom marinara (with added spinach) from Veganomicon. I topped it off with the white cheese sauce recipe from the Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook (using soy milk instead of water). It turned out pretty good, although the zucchini made everything a little watery. Later on for a snack I had a peach.

Day 8

First thing in the morning I went for a bike ride. When I got back I had protein powder mixed with soy milk, as well as a smoothie made with cantaloupe, pineapple, and flax. I accidentally made this one too watery. Later on for a snack I had a peach.

For lunch I had some leftover lasagna, as well as a salad with greens, cucumber, onion, and oil and vinegar. I also had an apple for dessert.

I was really hungry in the afternoon and ended up eating two peaches and a bowl of plain air-popped popcorn.

For supper I had some leftover chili.

For dessert I whirred up some frozen pineapple in my food processor. Voila, pineapple sorbet.

That evening I was really hungry again and ended up eating two peaches, more popcorn, and some raisins.

Day 9

For breakfast I made a smoothie with cantaloupe, pineapple, orange juice and flax.

For lunch I had a salad with spinach, mixed greens, beets, cauliflower, broccoli, onion, chickpeas, and the "honey" mustard vinaigrette from Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan. For dessert I had a peach and some cherries. Later on in the afternoon I had an apple for a snack.

Around dinner time I didn't have time to cook so I grabbed a banana and a few more cherries. I didn't actually get to cook my dinner until waaaay later. By then I was so tired that I threw some random things in a pot to quickly make some curried lentils. Not a pretty picture I know, but I was exhausted and famished. I also had a peach for dessert.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, you are so creative and everything looks delicious! Is there a menu/guideline you're following? Kathye

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds (and looks!) so good! Especially the zucchini lasagna...would you be willing to share the specifics of the recipe?

Thanks!
Courtney

Shelby said...

Yum! I would love to do this with you but I don't have the energy to cook two different meals. You know...grumpy. pshaw. I did at least have scrambled tofu tonight and gave him leftover manicotti!

Erin said...

I love the idea of using zucchini instead of noodles for lasagna, why haven't I tried that before? It sounds awesome. Also love the honey mustard dressing from ED&BV, isn't it the best?