Day 10
I forgot to take a picture of my morning smoothie, but it consisted of cantaloupe, pineapple, mango, and flax. Later for a snack I had a banana. For lunch I had leftover curried lentils, plus a salad with greens, beets, radish, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, and "honey" mustard dressing. I also had a peach for dessert.
Later in the afternoon I had an orange and some blueberries for a snack. For supper that night we decided to BBQ, which we haven't done in such a long time. I had bbq tofu, corn on the cob, and some asparagus.
I also had watermelon for dessert. Later in the evening I had some air-popped popcorn..which probably wasn't the best idea since I had corn for supper but oh well.
Day 11
Before I went to the gym I grabbed a banana. Once I got home I made a smoothie with frozen peach, strawberries and blueberries, as well as protein powder, flax, and soy milk.
For lunch I had a salad with greens, radish, onion, beet, chickpeas, broccoli, cauliflower, and more of that "honey" mustard vinaigrette. I also had 2 medjool dates for dessert.
Later on I was quite hungry, so for a snack I had an orange, a peach, and some blueberries.
Starting yesterday, the PPK is starting a Cookbook Challenge. The idea is each week we pick a cookbook and you try as many new recipes from that book as you want, with a minimum of 3 recipes each week. Basically it's a way to get us to use our cookbooks. This week is Veganomicon. So for supper last night I made the BBQ Black-Eyed Pea Collard Rolls, only I didn't have collards so I used chard. I also didn't make the VCON bbq sauce but just used some of my own that I had in the fridge. Overall these were alright. Basically all I can taste is bbq sauce, which I love. But I don't know if I'd go out of my way to make these again. To go with the rolls I also had brussel sprouts and some pattypan squash.
For dessert I had 2 nectarines. Later for a snack I had watermelon and strawberries.
Well the detox is more than a third over. I've noticed some improvements in my health. I think these are mostly from avoiding gluten. As much as I love wheaty carbs they're probably not the best thing for me. I haven't been missing sugar so far because I've been eating so much delicious fresh fruit. I'm still not sick of having salads every day so there's another bonus. All in all so far this has been a pretty positive experience.
I forgot to take a picture of my morning smoothie, but it consisted of cantaloupe, pineapple, mango, and flax. Later for a snack I had a banana. For lunch I had leftover curried lentils, plus a salad with greens, beets, radish, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, and "honey" mustard dressing. I also had a peach for dessert.
Later in the afternoon I had an orange and some blueberries for a snack. For supper that night we decided to BBQ, which we haven't done in such a long time. I had bbq tofu, corn on the cob, and some asparagus.
I also had watermelon for dessert. Later in the evening I had some air-popped popcorn..which probably wasn't the best idea since I had corn for supper but oh well.
Day 11Before I went to the gym I grabbed a banana. Once I got home I made a smoothie with frozen peach, strawberries and blueberries, as well as protein powder, flax, and soy milk.
For lunch I had a salad with greens, radish, onion, beet, chickpeas, broccoli, cauliflower, and more of that "honey" mustard vinaigrette. I also had 2 medjool dates for dessert.
Later on I was quite hungry, so for a snack I had an orange, a peach, and some blueberries.Starting yesterday, the PPK is starting a Cookbook Challenge. The idea is each week we pick a cookbook and you try as many new recipes from that book as you want, with a minimum of 3 recipes each week. Basically it's a way to get us to use our cookbooks. This week is Veganomicon. So for supper last night I made the BBQ Black-Eyed Pea Collard Rolls, only I didn't have collards so I used chard. I also didn't make the VCON bbq sauce but just used some of my own that I had in the fridge. Overall these were alright. Basically all I can taste is bbq sauce, which I love. But I don't know if I'd go out of my way to make these again. To go with the rolls I also had brussel sprouts and some pattypan squash.
For dessert I had 2 nectarines. Later for a snack I had watermelon and strawberries.Well the detox is more than a third over. I've noticed some improvements in my health. I think these are mostly from avoiding gluten. As much as I love wheaty carbs they're probably not the best thing for me. I haven't been missing sugar so far because I've been eating so much delicious fresh fruit. I'm still not sick of having salads every day so there's another bonus. All in all so far this has been a pretty positive experience.

2 comments:
I did a similar detox and loved it. But it was very hard for me to not have any gluten. One day I went nuts and went out and bought a bag of pretzels to devour. But then I got back on track :)
Do you have a link to the forum on PPK where the cookbook challenge is? I couldnt find it with a search.
the cookbook challenge sounds fun! I probably can't fit in 3 a week but I'll follow along vicariously!
Post a Comment