30 Day Detox: days 12 and 13

Day 12

For breakfast I had a smoothie with protein powder, flax, mixed berries, banana, and soy milk. This one was such a pretty color. Later for a snack I had an orange.

For lunch I had a salad with greens, radish, beet, cauliflower, broccoli, onion, and "honey" mustard vinaigrette. I also had some leftover bbq black-eyed peas and some strawberries. Excuse the bad picture, horrible lighting.

Later on in the afternoon I had another orange and a peach. Keeping with the Cookbook Challenge, I made another recipe from Veganomicon: chickpea quinoa pilaf. This was alright. I found it a bit bland actually. I'd throw in a lot more herbs next time. Anyway, I had this with Italian tofu (also from Veganomicon, but one I've made several times before) as well as some sauteed kale. Later on I had some watermelon and strawberries.

Day 13

Before I went to the gym I had a banana. When I got home I had a smoothie with protein powder, flax, soy milk, frozen peach, strawberry, and blueberry, psyllium husk, and oats. I was still hungry so I had a bit of leftover pilaf.

For lunch I made the portobello salad with spicy mustard dressing from Veganomicon. Except my salad had a lot more veggies in it than recommended and I omitted the avocado as it has a tendency to make me ill. The dressing burned my sinuses. But I think that's because of the weird spicy mustard we have in our fridge. It kind of tastes like it has horseradish in it, but it doesn't. Weird. Anyway, the mushrooms were succulent and I could have eaten 10 of them. I also had a nectarine, watermelon, and some strawberries.

After lunch I ended up not feeling well and getting a bad headache (which I'm pretty sure was unrelated to food). So for supper I grabbed some raisins and a bowl of oatmeal as there was no way I was cooking. Later on I started to feel a bit better and was hungry again, so I had some more oatmeal and an orange.



5 comments:

Carrie said...

hello Carrie! Hi from another carrie (who also spells it the right way! haha! ;-P) I just discovered your blog and I'm so excited, I recently switched to a vegan diet for my health. I look forward to your recipes! Your pictures are wonderful! It's nice to "meet" you.. I googled lentil burritos and one of your posts came up! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your smoothie looks fantastic :-}
You seems to eat a lot of chickpea, don't you get you some stomach problem ?

Shelby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelby said...

Carrie, I love how healthy you are eating and it all sounds so delicious!

Erin said...

I didn't love the mustard dressing for that salad either, it was too tangy in a bad way. The mushrooms are great though.