Happy belated Canada day! I started my day with a nice long bike ride and then came home and made these: blueberry pancakes. Mmm...I just used the regular Vegan with a Vengeance recipe and just added frozen blueberries. Although I never quite succeed in getting perfectly round photogenic pancakes, they sure tasted good.
For dinner we had a bbq and I had a monster grilled veggie sandwich. Inside is grilled zucchini, eggplant, a portobello, and tempeh...on a sprouted bun. Not the most colorful looking sandwich (probably should have added some spinach for green and some red onion), but it delicious.
For dessert I wanted something red and white and I happened to have a carton of strawberries on hand. That's when I remembered Vegan with a Vengeance had a strawberry shortcake recipe. I didn't make the suggested macademia creme (as the bf is allergic to nuts) so essentially this is the strawberry sauce over a scone. It was delicious! And nice and light and the perfect dessert for a bbq.
Hope all of the Canadians out there had a great Canada Day and happy early Independence Day to you folks out there in the U.S.

5 comments:
Wow, everything looks delicious! Did you make the sprouted bun?
It all looks yummy! Your pancakes look fluffy and I want to eat that burger!!! I think I need to get some bello's today!!
That scone looks FABULOUS! Oh my!!
Yum, a perfectly spectacular Canada Day meal full of fruits and veggies! I think your pancakes look wonderful.
That bun looks amazing!
Post a Comment