Wow, I haven't been posting much. Wedding insanity has taken over my life...18 more days. It seems every day we have a meeting with somebody about something wedding-related...at this point I am just looking for the planning to FINALLY be over and to just enjoy the day. We're keeping it pretty low-key but it seems there are still 1001 decisions to be made that everyone wants your input on. *sigh*
I haven't been cooking all that much, but here a few things that have made appearances in my kitchen. First up is the puttanesca scramble from Vegan Brunch. If you like olives and capers you will probably like this. The only negative thing I can say is that I accidentally bought unpitted kalamatas so those were a pain to chop up. Oh well.
Secondly, here are the cinnamon buns from Vegan Brunch. I made these with the understanding that they would be taken out of my home immediately. I have a wedding dress to fit into and I don't need a dozen cinnamon buns hanging around! But I did sneak a bun before they were gone and they are heavenly! Really gooey, which I like. I'd probably put way more cinnamon in the filling next time, but that's just me.
Finally, I revisited a classic...the snobby joe from Veganomicon:

I haven't been cooking all that much, but here a few things that have made appearances in my kitchen. First up is the puttanesca scramble from Vegan Brunch. If you like olives and capers you will probably like this. The only negative thing I can say is that I accidentally bought unpitted kalamatas so those were a pain to chop up. Oh well.
Secondly, here are the cinnamon buns from Vegan Brunch. I made these with the understanding that they would be taken out of my home immediately. I have a wedding dress to fit into and I don't need a dozen cinnamon buns hanging around! But I did sneak a bun before they were gone and they are heavenly! Really gooey, which I like. I'd probably put way more cinnamon in the filling next time, but that's just me.
Finally, I revisited a classic...the snobby joe from Veganomicon:

9 comments:
Haha, I only make crazy decadent things like that when I know they'll be mostly taken away! (preferably to non-vegans who i can impress!)
Lobs, the snobby joes were a huge success today at the FS. Thank you so much... I like the idea of putting them on an English muffin. I have to e-mail four copies of the recipe out tonight. You rock, gal! Kathye
I didn't realize your wedding was so close! Best wishes!!
Those cinnamon buns look positively decadent! With food like that, I'd have to have a back up wedding dress.
it all looks yummy! It will all be over with soon. ;-)
The cinnamon rolls look heavenly!
Your photography is great! The cinnamon rolls look perfect.
would you mind sharing the recipe for the snobby joes, they look wonderful!
Very tasty looking food. I am loving Vegan Brunch - if you haven't already, try the Italian Feast sausages. And I know what you mean about wedding stuff - my wedding was very small with few decisions to be made, and yet people still found a way to tell me what I NEEDED to do. Take a few deep breaths and remember what the day is really about.
Are the snobby joes as good as they sound? I keep coming across that particular recipe and haven't worked up the courage to making it yet...
Post a Comment