I've just been uninspired in the kitchen lately. I've been busy with school, wedding planning, and some other things that keep one busy. I just haven't been in the mood to cook and when I do it's usually something quite basic that isn't really blog-worthy. The one thing that I've been eating about once a day for a couple of weeks now is a salad with grilled tofu and a spicy peanut dressing. First up I grill some tofu on my handy dandy George Foreman that I received at my shower. I put that on top of a plate of mixed salad greens. Then I whip up a yummy dressing. For one giant salad I use:
- 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. miso
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha (adjust to suit your tastes)
- enough water to achieve desired consistency
I mix these ingredients up in a little dish and then pour over my salad. It's a quick way to make sure I'm eating healthy.
In other news, we have been experiencing insane weather this month. Observe: Here we have last Thursday - below freezing, snow/rain, absolutely miserable:
Here we are 24 hours later - 68 F, sunny, lots of green:

On an unrelated note, how is this for an awesome license plate? It's not mine, I was just driving home and happened to be behind this vehicle. It says 'GARLIC':

In other news, we have been experiencing insane weather this month. Observe: Here we have last Thursday - below freezing, snow/rain, absolutely miserable:
Here we are 24 hours later - 68 F, sunny, lots of green:
On an unrelated note, how is this for an awesome license plate? It's not mine, I was just driving home and happened to be behind this vehicle. It says 'GARLIC':


5 comments:
I think blogger rejected my first comment-trying again- your salad dressing sounds delicious! Hope the weather evens out for you soon.
Well that salad certainly is blog-worthy--it's beautiful! The dressing sounds yummy.
Enjoyed the pics of your weather. ;)
Great looking salad!
Too funny about the license plate. Mine would say "carbs" I think.
What's up with the weather! Geesh, enough with the snow already.
School must be winding down? Respite in your near future, I hope?
The salad looks delicious! Sometimes when I feel uninspired, I like to look at cookbooks or blogs for new and easy (especially if you're super busy) recipes to try. :-)
that salad looks awesome, i love peanut butter in dressing.
Post a Comment