Update with Misc. Foodstuffs

Wow...all winter I promised that April would bring more frequent updates. Apparently that was a giant lie. Honestly I am so tired out from that ridiculous semester that I haven't been cooking much that is original. The good news is only one more year until I'm done and have my Ph.D......hopefully. In the meantime here is some of the stuff I've been eating.

Roasted cauliflower is one of my new favourite things. Why didn't I know about this before? I spray my florets with cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and a bit of salt before roasting. Mmmm...tastes like popcorn.


Chickpea cutlets are an easy meal when I don't want to have to think about what's for dinner. I have the recipe memorized so it just requires me to mash some chickpeas and voila, an easy meal. Here are some cutlets with dijon mustard, a salad, roasted squash, and roasted asparagus.

Sunday mornings when I get back from the gym, my favourite thing to make is a big tofu scramble loaded with veggies. This one has leeks, broccoli, carrot, bell pepper, and mushrooms, and was served on a big bed of mixed greens.

8 comments:

Katy said...

Roasted cauliflower, squash--sounds delicious and low fat. Definitely something I MUST try. Thanks for the tasty ideas.

I hope that life becomes less hectic for you soon.

Shelby said...

Yum. I'll eat with you! Yeah, only one more year for the PhD!

Judy said...

I have heard so much about those chickpea patties, I am going to have to try making them soon. Your brunch dish looks awesome too!

Mihl said...

All those pictures look so beautiful! I totally agree on roasted cauliflower. I hope you get some time for yourself soon.

Linda said...

Thanks for the great ideas, Carrie!

aTxVegn said...

I think roasted cauliflower tastes like popcorn too, and that's just how I eat it.

Trish said...

I agree...these pics are stupendous. I'm back to eating more vegetarian...with a bit o' fish. Grin. So fresh fresh fresh....and veggies do make much better photos. And the sun is finally shining...sunlight also helps in photos. Ahhh...food publishing is such an art! Great blog. Enjoyed coming by.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE roasted cauliflower! I do a Mediterranean version, an attempt at copying one from a Seattle restaurant. Good stuff! ~LadyJayPee