30 day detox: wrap-up

Okay so I've been pretty bad with posting the end of my detox. However, I have bad news. Whilst cleaning up files on my poor overloaded computer I accidentally deleted all of the pictures from the last 7 days. Yeah, I know. Oops. But rest assured, the last week was very similar to the previous 23 days...smoothies in the morning, salads for lunch, a sensible dinner, that sort of thing.

It's been awhile since the 30 days ended and I've been eating pretty much the same...lots of produce, fruit, legumes, very little sugar, occasionally I will have gluten but not that often. I feel great and I have no desire to go back to eating the junk I was while I was stress eating. We always have stress in our lives, eating junky food is not the way to go about dealing with it.

That being said, my struggle continues to be finding a healthy balance that allows for the occasional treat in an otherwise healthy diet. I don't want to get too fixated on counting calories and macronutrients...I've been there and it's no fun. My goal right now is a 95% healthy diet with a good amount of exercise (not too much, but not too little).

I'm glad I did this little detox, as it gave me the push I needed to get back to healthy eating.

Just so this post isn't all text, here's a picture of my kitty Phantom. His leg is shaved in that one spot because he just got a couple of teeth removed and that's where they had his IV.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Sorry you lost the pictures, but congrats on making it through!

Pretty kitty :)