My Limited Adventures in D.C.

So I have returned from D.C. Although I have returned exhausted. I had to get up at 2:30 AM to make it to Dulles airport on time for my flight. Sigh. Anyhoo, as predicted, there was VERY little free time in D.C. Meetings, meetings, meetings. But I did get to sneak out twice to eat. First up is Sticky Fingers Bakery. This was my first time using Google walking directions and it gave me the worst directions ever. It had me cutting around all of these streets, ending up in a sketchy looking alley. When really I could just have walked up one street the entire way. Not impressed Google. Anyhoo, when I finally arrived, I ended up getting a TLT, or tempeh lettuce and tomato sandwich. Hands down best tempeh bacon I have ever had. Which really is only mine and the stuff at Sticky Fingers.

I also had a peanutbutter chocolate cupcake. I arrived pretty close to their closing time, so understandably there wasn't a ton of baking around. It was pretty good though, very moist.

I also had the opportunity to try out Java Green Cafe. Excuse the bad cell phone pictures, but I had the curry noodles with spicy "chicken" for an entree. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. It was good sure, but I could make better at home. I really didn't care for the texture of the chicken at all and I found the dish overall to be bland. But I have read such great reviews about this place that I'm sure it was just an off dish for me to order and if I am ever in the D.C. area again I will give it another chance.

I also tried two desserts there. I had this oatmeal cookie sandwich thing, which was awesome. It was two giant oatmeal cookies with this sweet icing in the middle...mmmm.

I also had a vanilla cream cake with chocolate icing. Words cannot describe how cocoa-y (you know what I mean) the icing was....like really dark chocolate.

And to conclude my adventure, I found a news stand in the Denver airport that carries Nana's vegan cookies so I picked up two to try:

6 comments:

Destiny's Kitchen said...

Everything looks great, especially the TLT & the cupcake! Yowza.

Shelby said...

TLT sounds delicious and that cupcake looks awesome! Glad your home safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

Your blog look similar like my blog ..visit myblog @ Becoming a VegetarianDont forget to add me to your site ..Thanks..

Erin said...

Just looking at your pics gave me a toothache! In a good way, of course. I've been considering veganizing those store bought oatmeal cream pies, yours looks kind of like what I think I'd end up with. The sandwich looks awesome too! Glad you got to go on a few adventures between the serious stuff.

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Oh I get those cookies every time I'm thru Denver too! I always manage to be craving something snacky about then (I always do when I fly).

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

what amazing looking eats, that tempeh bacon is especially calling to me! oh, and the cupcake!